ICAN offers a wealth of assistive technology for loan, recycling and demonstration. While we welcome personal visits to our Assistive Technology (AT) Clearinghouse by appointment, we wanted to share with you a preview of what you will see.
- A display of options for computer access, with modified keyboards and mice as well as voice-activated software and learning software.
- Devices to assist with people who are hard of hearing and visually impaired, like assistive listening devices, flashing light system, talking alarm clocks, a Braille watch, text readers, text magnification aids and more.
- Our daily living are offers a display of devices that can help make cooking, eating, dressing, and other daily activities easier.
- We also have a variety of augmentative communication devices, like personal talkers, language boards, and speech devices from several different vendors.
- You will find our model bathroom display with ore devices to enhance personal independence in the home.
- After surgery or a permanent disability, consumer can stay independent by using our wheelchairs, walkers, shower chairs and other durable medical equipment from our warehouse.
- The last area is our kid’s room that offers a variety of fun toys activated by switches—we have over 120 to consider. Many of them are designed specifically for enhancing the learning process for kids in addition to activating a favorite toy.
In addition to touring the AT Clearinghouse, visitors can also look at equipment available for loan and recycling. ICAN also offers device demonstrations so you can see how a particular device or array of devices workand even try them out before you purchase them.
Before visiting ICAN, take a look atthe equipment we have for loan, recycling or demonstration by clicking here or on the Equipment button on thehome page. If you aren’t sure what typeof AT might help, click on the At Home to take you to a floor plan of a home where you can find out all types of equipment and helpful tips about making life easier at home.You can also find technology and helpful hints on the buttons for school, work, play, and community.
Short term equipment loans are availableto people who live in the state of Arkansas at no charge. These can be used for many different reasons:to provide temporary need if the equipment has to be repaired or new equipmentis being ordered, temporary need after surgery or an accident, or for evaluation to see if you will need to purchase some equipment and you are not sure if it is the correct piece to use.The loans are for 6 weeks. The only requirement is we need a copy of a driver’s license to process the loan. When borrowing wheelchairs,walkers or other similar medical devices, ICAN requires a prescription from a doctor to verify the need. That prescription can be faxed to ICAN at 501-666-5319.
ICAN also has a separate program torecycle equipment back into the community. Equipment can be donated to ICAN such as wheelchairs, walkers, and bedside commodes, etc., they are cleaned and logged into our system to be donated back out into the community.ICAN also recycles therapeutic equipment such as standers and gaittrainers.
Tours and demonstrations are availableat no cost and can be scheduled for individuals as well as groups of students,educators, employers, professionals and others.To arrange for a tour or device demonstration, contact ICAN. Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am through 4:30pm.
800-828-2799 Toll Free