Arkansas Career and Technical Education (CTE) has adopted a bold new national vision for career and technical education. This vision was developed by the National Association of State Directors of the Career and Technical Education Consortium (NASDCTEc) to emphasize the critical role that CTE plays in our nation’s educational advancement and economic competitiveness. The theme for this new vision is “Reflect…Transform…Lead.” It is based the following five principles:
- CTE is critical to ensuring that the United States leads in global competitiveness.
- CTE prepares students to succeed in further education and careers.
- CTE is a results-driven system that demonstrates a positive return on investment.
- CTE is delivered through comprehensive programs of study aligned to The National Career Cluster framework.
- CTE actively partners with employers to design and provide high-quality, dynamic programs.
This new vision for CTE charts an innovative and challenging path to ensure CTE will provide the education and training necessary to prepare the workforce for a global economy. Arkansas Career and Technical Education embraces this new vision and the principles on which it is based. Through strong CTE programs, our state and our nation are developing our most valuable resource—our people. The technical knowledge, workplace skills, and real-world experience gained through CTE prepare our current and future workforce for the high-skill, high-wage, high-demand careers so vital in today’s economy.