NEW: EXPANDED OPTIONS INCLUDING COMPUTER SCIENCE CURRICULUM AND CERTIFICATION EXAMS AVAILABLE
The Arkansas Department of Education in a continued partnership with Department of Career Education and Department of Workforce Services has expanded the partnership to include:
All public high schools will have membership and access to all curriculum resources provided by the academy. www.microsoftitacademy.com
This does not limit access to any single education department at the high school.
• All member schools will have access to receive fifty free Microsoft Office software licenses to be used by the school in a lab atmosphere.
• All member schools will have access to request a copy of Office 365 for their instructors and students to be able to download to personal computers.
• Each school will have access to receive one subscription to DreamSpark, designer and developer software which will enable students to create next generation apps, games and tools.
• Microsoft will periodically furnish professional development in the form of online and in person trainings.
• Twenty Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) and ten Microsoft Office (MOS) exam vouchers will be provided for educator professional development.
• A support team person from Microsoft is assigned to Arkansas.
• All schools will be open to participate in multi-certification testing and delivery for all all MOS, MTA, and Microsoft Educator (MCE) exams. Schools will receive either a multi-use certification license or access to testing vouchers, giving testing accessibility to all members.
• Each member will need to become a testing center and will be able to proctor and facilitate exams on-site at schools.
• Certiport will provide a support team member to help with management of vouchers and distribution of tests for Arkansas.
Department of Career Education has been assigned to facilitate the deployment in conjunction with Microsoft and Certiport. The Business and Marketing Department will be designated as the agency contact. Information can be supplied by emailing Jim Brock at email@example.com
A SkyDrive is available and is filled with "how to" documents as well as training videos that will be updated after every training or presentation. The SkyDrive can be accessed at http://sdrv.ms/YAHHyM
Quick Start Guides
- Important quick start guides for a variety of IT Academy Benefits
IT Academy Presentation
- PowerPoint Presentations used in variety of IT Academy training webinars
IT Staff - IT Director Information
- Important step-by-step instructions to ensure the IT Academy runs successfully in the classrooms
Arkansas High School and Adult Ed Centers
- Specific ITA course mapping and othr state-specific information
- Value of Cetification Presentation-Certiport
If after viewing the documentation, you still have issues or concerns, please contact the Business and Marketing Department:
IT Academy: Important Getting Started Documents/Read me first:
Getting Started E-Learning August Update Final
Getting Started First Steps to Launching the IT Academy in the Classroom
MS IT Academy eLearning getting started guide
IT Academy: Resources for IT Staff:
IT Director Checklist
IT Director Information Guide